Sunny’s Roasted Tomato and Herb Couscous
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cup pearl couscous
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, loosely packed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted tomatoes
- Toast the couscous. In a medium pot on medium-low heat add the oil, onions, tomatoes, garlic, half of the zest, couscous, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Stir and toast the couscous for 3-4 minutes.
- Steep, fluff and serve. Add stock and bring to a boil then lower to a simmer cooking until the couscous soaks up the liquid and becomes tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add the basil, parsley, the remaining lemon zest, tomatoes, and fluff with a fork. Taste and season with a pinch of salt, if needed. Serve warm or cold.
- Servings : 4 Servings
- Course : Side
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...