Sunny’s Quick Green Apple Salad
- Cook Time
- (3 /5)
- 1 rating
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- ¼ cup dry flaked corn and dried berries breakfast cereal (any brand)
- Mix the dressing. In a large bowl whisk the sour cream, honey, sugar and lime juice until sugar dissolves. Taste and add a pinch of salt to season. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Assemble the salad. Cut the apples in ¼ inch slices, stack the slices then cut those stacks vertically into ¼ inch slices to create several small apple “sticks” (don’t shred the apple, the texture here is so key ). Toss the apples in the bowl with the chilled dressing until coated. Remove with tongs to serving plates. Sprinkle each with cereal just before serving.
- Servings : Serves 4
- Course : Salad
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...