Sunny’s Hash Brown Breakfast Fast Tacos
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- For the eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- For the hash browns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 1 cup chopped, multi-color bell pepper and red onion blend
- 16 ounces, frozen hash brown potato cubes, thawed
- 1 (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning packet (2.5 tablespoons)
- For the garnish
- ¼ cup taco sauce
- ½ cup Mexican crema
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-jack blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8-12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges
- Scramble the eggs. Whisk the eggs and water in a large bowl until frothy. In a large sauté pan on medium low heat add the butter and once it begins to melt, tilt the pan to make sure it coats the bottom and sides then add the eggs. Allow the eggs to form a thin film on the bottom then use the whisk to stir and scramble them, letting them rest between stirs until most of the eggs are cooked. Season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Remove from the heat and continue to whisk. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the chorizo. In the same pan on medium high heat add the olive oil, chorizo, pepper and onion blend, and break up the chorizo with a wooden spoon until it resembles ground beef. Cook until the fat is rendered and the chorizo is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the chorizo, peppers and onions from the pan with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook the potatoes and finish. In the same pan on medium high heat, add to the rendered chorizo fat the potatoes and taco seasoning. Cook on one side until a golden crust forms on the bottom of the potatoes then toss, rest and repeat until all sides of the potatoes are golden, about 10-12 minutes. Toss the reserved chorizo back into the pan along with the scrambled eggs. Serve on a plate or in a bowl with tortillas on the side or inside the tortillas like a taco, with a drizzle of taco sauce, Mexican crema, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, cilantro and a lime wedge for spritzing.
- Servings : Serves 4-6
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...