Sunny’s Fast Food Condiment Packet Chinese Chicken Salad
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the dressing
- 1 take-out packet (2 teaspoons) soy sauce
- 2 take-out packets (1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon) duck sauce
- 2 take-out packets (1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon) mayonnaise
- 1 take-out packet red chili flakes, to taste (get these from the pizza place!)
- 1 spritz lemon juice (great way to use wedges from tea)
- For the salad
- 1 cup chopped (not shredded), cooked chicken breast
- 1 tiny box or 1 heaping tablespoon golden raisins
- ½ cup (loosely packed) pre-washed slaw mix (savoy & red cabbage, carrots, etc)
- ½ cup (loosely packed) pre-washed Spring lettuce mix
- Make the dressing. In a medium plastic container*** with a sealable lid mix the soy sauce, duck sauce, and mayonnaise. Stir (coffee stirrer!) and season with pepper and a spritz of lemon juice.
- Toss the salad and enjoy! Add the chicken, raisins, slaw mix, and lettuce. Seal the container and shake vigorously for a few seconds until everything is coated. Eat!
- ***Hey, remember those cool fast food salads that they used to serve in large cups? You can do this as well. Re-purpose an old take out drink cup that has a lid. Put the dressing on the bottom (if you’ve already made this once, you don’t even have to pre-mix the dressing, just squirt the packets in the bottom and spritz the lemon), then layer the cup up with the raisins, chicken, slaw, then lettuce at the top. Seal it, fridge it, then at lunch, just shake it!!
- Servings : Serves 1
- Course : Salad
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...