Sunny’s easy chicken mac ’n’ cheese
- Cook Time
- 2 servings
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Chicken Mac 'n' Cheese
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 slices American cheese, torn into shreds
- 11⁄2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- Black pepper
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and chopped (optional)
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped (optional)
- Spicy Ranch Salad
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of salted water according to package directions. Drain; reserve pasta water.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper. Cook until pepper is tender, about 6 minutes. Add soup, 1/2 soup can of reserved paster water and cheese. Stir until melted, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken, cooked pasta and pepper; stir. Top with bacon and scallions, if desired.
- Combine ranch dressing and salsa in a large bowl. Toss with lettuce. Serve salad chilled or at room temperature along side of Mac 'n' Cheese.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...