Sunny’s Blueberry BBQ Sliders
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the burgers
- 1 pound chuck
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 8 slider buns, toasted
- For the BBQ sauce
- 1 pint (6 ounces) blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Sambal chili paste
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and choppped
- Kosher salt, if needed
- Mix the beef. In a large bowl gently combine the beef, salt, pepper, mint, and cilantro. Divide into 8 equal balls, and rest covered in the bowl at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Make the sauce. In a saucepot on medium heat add the blueberries, sambal, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider and tomato. Cook while mashing the berries and tomatoes into everything is broken down and the liquid begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Simmer on low to further reduce. Taste and only add salt if you feel it is needed.
- Grill the burgers. Preheat the grill to medium high. Gently flatten the burgers to an area a bit larger than the buns. Place them on the grill and cook until desired temperature, flipping only once. Be a good grill master and don’t press down the burgers while they grill. Serve on a toasted bun with a scoop of the blueberry BBQ sauce.
- Servings : 8 Sliders, 3/4 ups sauce
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...