Sunny’s black bean burgers
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, do not thaw
- 1 packet instant original oatmeal
- 1 egg*, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 multi-grain wheat buns, toasted
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Shredded lettuce
- Prepared salsa
- *Egg substitute equivalent can be used.
- Mash beans in large bowl or plastic bag, leaving a few chunks. Stir in taco seasoning, salt and pepper as desired. Stir in corn, oats and egg. Refrigerate mixture 10 minutes to hydrate the oats.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. When oil begins to swirl, scoop one-fourth of the bean mixture and drop onto pan, slightly smoothing it into a circle. Cook on one side until golden and a bit crisp, about 8 minutes; flip and cook on the other side 8 minutes more.
- Spread bottom of each bun with thin layer of mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, patties, salsa and bun top.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...