Stacked Tostada Arrabbiata with Fried Eggs
Published on March 8, 2016 | In 2014, Away From Home Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-5" corn tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, fry eggs in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Heat tortillas in an ungreased skillet over medium- high heat for 10-15 seconds per side.
- To serve, place one tortilla on each plate and top each with a quarter of the tomato sauce. Top with another tortilla and the remaining sauce. Top each with a fried egg and sprinkle with crumbled cheese.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...