Spiced Apricot Glazed Pork Chops
Published on March 8, 2016 | In 2014, Away From Home Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- (3.5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 4 thick bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups white instant rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare instant rice according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for the water. When the rice is cooked, add the butter. Set aside and keep warmSet aside and keep warm.
- Mix the preserves, barbeque sauce, minced onion, pepper, and paprika in a bowl.
- Coat each chop with about 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Reserve the remaining sauce for serving.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Cook the chops for four minutes on each side.
- Brush the chops with the remaining sauce.
- Serve with the rice and top with the green onions.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...