One Pot, Mediterranean Inspired Pasta
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- Penne pasta (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 10-15 Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½-1 cup rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Coarse salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons+ Olive oil
- Place dried pasta in sauté pan and add cold water until pasta is covered with 2 inches of water.
- To the pasta, add 4 slices of lemon, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and bring to boil. Cook until the pasta is al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the starchy cooking water before draining.
- Place drained pasta back in the pan and add 2 tablespoons of hummus, the sliced Kalamata Olives, diced chicken, lemon juice, baby spinach, and the reserved pasta water. Combine well.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper before eating.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...