chicken with pesto cream sauce
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 chicken breasts (3 ounces each), cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Penne or fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt and black pepper, as desired. Cook chicken over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, until no longer pink in center. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Cook bell pepper in skillet 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Return chicken to skillet.
- Stir pesto into skillet. Add wine and cream. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta; stir. Toss pasta with chicken and bell peppers. Serve warm, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...