Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prep Time
- (3.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 rotisserie chicken full breast or 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot (or 2 small), sliced
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 1 cup egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3.5 g Total Fat
6 g Total Carbohydrate
1 g Dietary Fiber
2 g Sugars
16 g Protein
420 mg Sodium
- Remove the wings from the chicken breast and reserve. Remove the skin from the breast and discard. Shred the meat off the breastbone and break the breastbone into two pieces. Reserve the meat and bones separately.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, add the oil. Sauté the onion, carrot, celery, chicken wings, and breastbone for 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables soften.
- Add the broth and water and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add reserved chicken and parsley and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Discard the bones before serving. Season with salt and pepper.
- Servings : 8 servings
- Ready in : 1 Minutes
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...