Bacon & Brussels Skillet Pizza
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 package (6 ½ ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1-1/2 cups of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 4 strips of pre-cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 small jar of sun dried tomatoes, in olive oil with Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare pizza crust according to package directions. Cut in half and reserve remaining dough for future use or another pizza.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Add chopped bacon, Brussels sprouts and oil from sun dried tomato jar, stirring occasionally about 2-4 minutes.
- Roughly chop sun dried tomatoes. Add to skillet, along with salt and pepper to taste. Saute, continuing to stir occasionally about 5-7 minutes, until bacon is crisp and Brussels sprouts are lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook for additional 1-2 minutes. Remove mix from heat and transfer to medium bowl.
- Press prepared dough into bottom of greased skillet. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Top with reserved vegetable/bacon mix and and cook, covered over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until dough is crispy. Add goat cheese and cook 2-3 minutes more, until cheese is melted.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...