15 – minute peas and chicken risotto
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.6 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 packages (about 9 ounces each) ready-to-serve yellow rice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 package (about 6 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked chicken breast strips, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Knead rice in bag. Add rice, peas, chicken and water to skillet. Cover; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Garnish with almonds, if desired.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...